I really feel like I have the best fans in the world – your words of encouragement and uplifting stories always brighten my day and remind me of what’s important. Especially since Aden has been born, I’ve been blown away by the support and fierce loyalty I’ve witnessed. Thank you for your love!!
Tia and I have always known we have amazing fans, but reading all your messages and comments on this blog make it even clearer. When people say ignorant things about Aden’s race or my marriage with his daddy Adam, it’s easy for me to take it personally – even after all this time, my skin isn’t that thick!
But hearing your stories about your own beautiful, mixed race babies and the love you have for their fathers grounds me back to reality and reminds me of the truth: Skin color has NOTHING to do with love. How Aden looks or grows up to look like – whether he looks more “white” or more “black” – doesn’t matter to me. Why should it? He’s my precious baby boy and my only job is to be the best mommy I can be to him while showing him both sides of his heritage. All I want for him to believe is that love knows no boundaries.
So – a huge virtual hug and kiss to everyone reading this and supporting me along the way. I mean it when I say you all are the very best fans a brand new momma could ask for.
INTERESTING FACT: According to classical scholar Frank Snowden, skin color did not determine social status in ancient Egypt, Greece or Rome. Relations between the major power and the subordinate state was viewed as more significant in a person’s status than was their skin color.
P.S. XXXX used the Contact Us form to ask her question. You can too should you need multiracial parenting advice.
- Multiracial Parenting Advice: My Biracial Granddaughter Looks Like A White Girl! (kolorblindmag.com)
- Biracial baby looks white? (babycenter.com)
- Is She Your Stepdaughter? Is She Adopted? (xmelissalittle.wordpress.com)
- “Who is Black in America?” Soledad O’Brien Tackles Racial Identity on CNN (clutchmagonline.com)
- 30 Hottest Multiracial Mommas 2012 (kolorblindmag.com)
- Hollywood Moms: The Adoption Edition (kolorblindmag.com)
- Multiracial Entertainers: The Female Edition 1 (kolorblindmag.com)
- Multiracial Entertainers: The Male Edition 1 (kolorblindmag.com)
- The Top 5 Rules To Interracial Dating (kolorblindmag.com)
- Interracial Relationship Advice: I’m Interested In An Interracial Relationship… (kolorblindmag.com)
- The Q Awards L0ndon, UK (kolorblindmag.com)
- Multiracial Parenting Advice: My 14 Year-Old Daughter Has A Boyfriend. I’m Not Comfortable With It! (kolorblindmag.com)
- Multiracial Parenting Advice: Hollywood Moms Tia and Tamera Mowry Talk Sibling Jealousy, Postpartum Depression and more… (kolorblindmag.com)