List of Winners:
- Set Fire to the Rain earns British favorite her latest Grammy
- Best Country Solo performance goes to Carrie Underwood for Blown Away
- Song of the Year goes to Fun. with Janelle Monáe for We Are Young
- Mumford & Sons win for their long-form video, Big Easy Express
- The Grammy for Best Urban Contemporary Album goes to Frank Ocean for Channel Ocean
- Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys wins producer of the year
- Best rock performance goes to Lonely Boy by the Black Keys
- Best Pop Vocal Album goes to Stronger by Kelly Clarkson
- Best Rap/Sung Collaboration goes to No Church in the Wild with Jay-Z, Kanye West, Frank Ocean and The-Dream
- The Grammy for Best Country Album goes to Uncaged from Zac Brown Band
- Fun are awarded Best New Artist
- Record of the Year is Somebody That I Used to Know performed by Gotye and Kimbra
- Album of the Year goes to Babel from Mumford & Sons
- Just a little bit of a star: Prince came out to present Record of the Year to Gotye for Somebody that I Used to Know, and the crowd went wild
- Bruno Mars then kickstarted a Bob Marley tribute with his own song Locked Out Of Heaven.
- Sting then arrives with his own Walking on the Moon before Rihanna and Ziggy Marley step out singing the late great reggae star’s, Could You Be Loved.
- Damian Marley joins them as the camera pans to audience members like Taylor Swift soaking up the magic.
- The Lumineers anthemic, Hey Ho, comes next, followed by rock legend Jack White with Love Interruption and Freedom at 21.
- Next Katy Perry takes to the stage to introduce Best New Artist and says: ‘I was never even nominated in this category and I have my own eyelash line.
- The winner is Fun, who are embraced by Girls star Lena Dunham, who is dating band member Jake Antonoff, as they make their way to the stage.
- Prince finally arrives present the Grammy for Record of the Year.
- The award goes to Somebody That I Used to Know performed by Gotye and Kimbra.
- Elton John then returns to lead a rendition of The Band’s The Weight, along with Mavis Staples; Brittany Howard of The Alabama Shakes joined on the verse in what was one of the stand-out performances of the night.
- Frank Ocean then wandered out to a roar and launched into his hit, Forrest Gump.
It’s been five years, but Justin Timberlake made a triumphant return to the music scene on Sunday night. The singer turned actor stepped in front of a screaming crowd at the Grammy Awards to give a winning performance. Backed by a big band, with support from rapper superstar Jay-Z, he showed all his old charm.
Despite leaving music behind to focus on his acting career, The Social Network star proved getting people dancing is like riding a bike – you never forget how to do it. Looking dapper in a black Tom Ford suit with with a bow tie and cummerbund, the star temporarily transported viewers back in time with the picture turning into sepia tones.
With trumpets blaring Justin performed his new single Suit & Tie showing off his dance skills much to the joy of the crowd – all of whom were on their feet. The screams then exploded as Jay-Z, who also got suited up for the performance, got up from his seat in the audience to join the actor for the end of the song.
Not content with just playing one song Justin then went on to perform a new track from his forthcoming record The 20/20, Little Pusher Love Girl.
Watch Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake perform ‘Suit & Tie below:
You can’t keep a good girl down, and so it was perhaps no surprise that the 55th Grammy Awards opened with inimitable British chantreuse Adele walking away with her NINTH award from the coveted ceremony.
But in typically adorable style, the 24-year-old acted like it was her very first after accepting the spoils from J-Lo and Pitbull, and talked about being nervous ahead of the Oscars. She’s done it again! The first big award of the night when to Adele for Best Pop Solo Performance for her song Set Fire To The Rain at the 55th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday.
This time, the honor was for Best Pop Solo Performance being awarded to her for Set Fire to the Rain (Live). Dressed in a red vintage-inspired dress by Valentino that divided opinion on the carpet, the London-born singer was overwhelmed to receive the award.
Coming up roses: Adele cut a striking sight in a knee length red and pink floral knee length dress and matching shoesBig moment: Pitbull and J-Lo watch as Adele makes a speech after they present her with the awardValentino vixen: Adele showcased her trademark style at the event, but the veteran award winner and new mother was as excited to be honored as everNervous: But in the press room shortly afterwards, she admitted that she’s ‘sh***** herself’ about singing at the Oscars later in the month, she’s nominated for her Bond song, SkyfallSheer delight: Rihanna’s custom made gown featured some see-through panels and neatly matched the Grammys red carpetMint green goddess: Perry told Ryan Seacrest she was inspired by Priscilla Presley’s 1960s style for the red carpetLights, cameras action: Perry was the centre of attention in her figure hugging gown in front of the world’s pressStrutting her stuff: Swift admitted she was feeling a little nervous before performing at the star-studded ceremonyPlus one: Lopez brought along her toy boy beau Casper SmartPlus one: Lopez brought along her toy boy beau Casper Smart, while Keith Urban arrived with wife Nicole KidmanCountry darlings: Keith and Nicole posed with singers Tim McGraw and Faith Hill in the cloudy L.A. weatherSpaniard: Janelle Monàe was inspired by ‘Toreador En Garde’ in this matador-style suit jacket from MoschinoTamia: Opted for a turban with her dress Going green: Solange Knowles also sported an emerald floor length numberBest supporting act: Canadian singer Carly Rae Jepsen arrived with her boyfriend of 18 months, musician Matthew Koma, who gave her a kiss on the red carpetWe’re in fashion: Estelle and Kelly Osbourne happily posed together with Estelle showing off the eye-catching gown she helped designPositively blooming: Ashanti showed off her black and floral full skirted dress on the red carpetBlown Away: Carrie Underwood was tickled pink to be honored so early in the ceremony for Best Solo Country Performance while, Kelly Clarkson won Best Pop Vocal Album for StrongerBlown Away: Kelly Clarkson won Best Pop Vocal Album for StrongerBut the British invasion continued apace with Mumford & Sons, who came out to perform their smash hit, I Will Wait. Their album, Babel, is expecting to be one of the stand out successes of the night. A guy riding a tricycle with a flame-thrower attached and a company of mime clowns helped Taylor Swift open the Grammy Awards on Sunday night.
Swift dressed as the Mad Hatter in white top hat, tails, shorts and tall boots during the surreal version of her hummable hit We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.
The A Team: Ed Sheeran got a bit of help from Sir Elton John for his performance, no biggieWhat’s going on here? Elle DeGeneres appeared to admire Katy Perry’s form as she and wife Portia De Rossi enjoyed the nightReady for his comeback! After taking a break from singing to pursue a successful career in music, and marry, Justin Timberlake performed with Jay-ZBlack and white delight: Justin teamed his black suit with matching black and white shoesBlack tie double date! Hip-hop king and queen Jay-Z and Beyonce held court front row at the Grammy Awards Sunday night alongside newlyweds Justin Timberlake and Jessica BielPower couple pow-wow: The famous foursome were in a celebratory mood and dressed to the ninesPass the flute! The 43-year-old rapstar was freely pouring champagne and courvoisier for his friends while still seated in the packed Staples Center, much to the amusement of the beaming Mrs. TimberlakeFront row fashion: Justin was in head-to-toe Tom Ford, Jessica was in a one-shouldered Oscar de la Renta, and Beyonce wore a b&w Osman crepe pantsuitMr. & Mrs. Carter: The high profile couple coordinated outfits and looked stunningMr. & Mrs. Timberlake: Justin’s comeback has been well received so farStunning introduction: Beyonce and Ellen DeGeneres introduced the star’s big performanceGet excited: The pair amped up the crowd with Beyonce declaring, ‘This performances marks a man who was born to make music’He’s back: Justin Timberlake returned to music at the Grammy Awards on Sunday nightGetting them dancing: Justin got a standing ovation from the celebrity studded crowdFlying high: Jay-Z got up from his seat to join the singer on stageIn their suits and ties: The pair went for similar suit looks for Sunday night’s performanceQueen Bey: The Houston-born singer paired her daring geometric jumpsuit with a Swarovski clutch bag and Lorraine Schwartz jewelryCongrats! When greeting the press after her win, the 31-year-old exposed her gleaming prize for best traditional R&B performanceOdd couple: Later on the 16-time Grammy champ, real name Shawn Carter, joined Justin on stage for a rousing performance of his new song, Suit and TieNew mothers: Adele, dressed in a pink-and-red Valentino floral dress, greeted Blue Ivy’s motherMuppet smiles: Beyonce introduced her husband and Timberlake with funnywoman Ellen Degeneres and alter accepted her 18th trophy for her hit Love On TopThe white stuff: Chris Brown proved a striking sight in a all white suit and matching shoes but walked the red carpet without girlfriend RihannaSongstress: Rihanna to the stage for a performance of her song Stay and Could You Be Loved, changing into a black dressLBD change: Rihanna performed onstage with Sting, Bruno Mars, and Ziggy Marley and won the Grammy for short form music video for We Found LoveThey’re back: Like it or not, the Grammys also marked the triumphant return of turbulent couple Chris Brown and RihannaAll is forgiven: Four years ago the 23-year-old star brutally attacked the Barbadian pop star, leaving her bloodied and bruised after a pre-Grammys party
Could You Be Loved: Musicians Ziggy Marley, Bruno Mars and Rihanna perform a tribute to BobOh baby: Rapper Wiz Khalifa and girlfriend, pregnant model Amber Rose arrived on the red carpet togetherBack to black: Alicia Keys showed off her curvy figure in a strappy leather top and full skirtAlways together: Alicia Keys and husband Swizz Beatz make a striking pairBack to black: Model Chrissy Teigen wore a midriff-flashing gownHighly acclaimed: Multi-nominated star Drake stuck to more conventional black attireCoordinated: Adam Levine and his band Maroon 5 looked striking in matching black suits and shirtsFooling around: Singer RedFoo of LMFAO couldn’t resist the chance to joke around in front of phographers as he arrivedPopular winner: Kelly Clarkson brought her trademark joy to her performanceIt seems that some audience members find it hard to forget that he’s still on probation for beating her ahead of the Grammy Awards in 2009. But The Black Keys distract everyone by winning best rock performance for Lonely Boy and best producer for Dan Auerbach. Maroon 5 swiftly follow to perform Daylight.
Stronger: Kelly Clarkson won Best Pop Vocal Album and was extremely excited about it, as you can tellBest of British: Marcus Mumford, left, and Winston Marshall, of musical group Mumford & Sons perform I Will Wait
- Interracial/Multiracial Celebrities Sightings At The 2013 Golden Globes Awards… (kolorblindmag.com)
- 2012 American Music Awards (kolorblindmag.com)
- A GIF Guide to the 2013 Grammy Awards (mashable.com)
- Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Fun & The Black Keys: Go Banking Rates’ Guide to Getting 2013 Grammy Awards Performers’ & Winners’ Music for Cheap to Nothing (prweb.com)
- 2013 Grammys: 10 Things You Gotta Know About Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift and Music’s Big Night (eonline.com)
- Katy Perry Already Breaks Grammys’ Wardrobe Advisory With Sideboob (hollywoodlife.com)
- From J.Lo to Rihanna: 25 Of The Most Memorable Grammy Awards Dresses Ever (stylecaster.com)