Multiracial model/TV presenter Alexa Chung has returned as the face of Maje with a Mod-themed ad campaign and video for its spring/summer 2013 collection. The waifish brunette – who has been linked in the past to rock stars like Arctic Monkeys front man Alex Turner and the Strokes guitarist Albert Hammond, Jr. – looks effortlessly cool in the ads, flashing her famous doe eyes and slender pins.
The 29-year-old strikes a laid back pose on massive red and blue cushions, wearing the label’s crisp shirts and dresses with patent leather combat boots. The campaign shows Miss Chung lounging on what appear to be colorful futons in designs reminiscent of the red, white and blue Mod motif.
In one shot she wears a green camouflage-style shirt with matching green shorts, while another outfit consists of a white collared shirt-dress accented with white suspenders.
She also poses against a red-and-purple background while wearing a striped T-shirt underneath an army green camisole. The model’s metallic green eye make-up matches the color of her camouflage green outfit, and in some shots she is sporting lipstick in a bright fuchsia hue that complements her flawless skin.
Mod revival: For French label Maje’s spring/summer 2013 campaign, English TV presenter and fashion icon Alexa Chung models combat boots and button-downs, all while reclining on Mod-style cushionsClaims to fame: The English fashion icon is best known for her stringbean legs, doe eyes, Sixties style and penchant for rocker boyfriendsIt girl: The waifish model – pictured here in a still from the video for Maje spring/summer 2013 – also starred in the label’s fall 2012 campaign in which she channeled Jane BirkinRock on: Miss Chung – who in the past has been linked to Arctic Monkeys frontman Alex Turner and the Strokes guitarist Albert Hammond, Jr. – shows a hint of her penchant for rock stars in black combat bootsAnd her nails are painted a stark black – perhaps with the leather nail polish she has been seen sporting of late. It’s not the first time that the fashion icon – known for her stringbean legs, Sixties-inspired style and penchant for rock star boyfriends – has fronted the label.
The Hampshire, England-born model also starred in Maje’s sultry black and white fall/winter 2012 campaign, inspired by Jane Birkin and Sixties cinema. In a behind the scenes video for the label’s newest campaign, the model looks relaxed as she peeks out at the camera from behind her signature choppy bangs.
Seasoned pro: The coveted It girl has previously starred in fashion campaigns for Vero Moda, Madewell Pepe jeans and Superga, as well as Maje’s sultry fall/winter 2012 campaignEffortlessly cool: In this still from the spring/summer 2013 campaign video, the 29-year-old model looks cool and casual on a bright blue cushionReady for her close-up: The 29-year-old accented her flawless skin with brunette waves and fuchsia lipstick
- United Colors of Benetton Spring/Summer 2013 stars: Transsexual model Lea T, Dudley O’Shaughnessy, Alek Wek, Charlotte Free and Kiera Chaplin (kolorblindmag.com)
- Multiethnic Model Lais Ribeiro poses for L’Officiel Netherlands February 2013 Issue (kolorblindmag.com)
- Diva Supermodel Naomi Campbell covers Elle Magazine February 2013 (kolorblindmag.com)
- Alexa Chung’s Stylish Set, NewGen’s New Winners, and Comme des Garcon’s Chic Download (fashionologie.com)
- Coffee Break Catch-Up: Alexa Chung’s New Maje Ad, Alec Baldwin Wants To Be On “Girls,” More (stylecaster.com)
- Do You Want To Be Styled By Alexa Chung? Here’s Your Chance Thanks To Maje (graziadaily.co.uk)
- British Fashion Awards: Alexa Chung’s British Style Award hat-trick (fashion.telegraph.co.uk)
- Alexa Chung’s Leather-Effect Nails (style-love-repeat.com)
- The Many Bags of Alexa Chung (purseblog.com)