In 2007, Kimora Lee Simmons became a bona fide reality star with her hit reality series Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane.
Now, 5 years later, the single mother of three is back on TV starring in Style’s docu-series Kimora: House of Fab. The show pulls back the curtain on the sleek offices of JustFab.com, an online destination for fashion gems.
Kimora gives a behind the scenes look into the fast-paced world of JustFab, and the business of technology meeting fashion. The six-foot-tall St. Louis native got her start in the fashion industry modeling for Chanel and Karl Lagerfeld, before joining forces with her ex-husband Russell Simmons to make Baby Phat a widely successful aspirational lifestyle fashion brand.
Kimora says that she and Russell were fashion trailblazers and paved a way for other celebrities to create fashion empires:
“One thing I love about myself is this business is that I don’t have to rely on the sales of an album, or my movie being a hit for my clothing to be a hit.”
She also opened up on how she has been able to balance the ups and downs of having a blended family consisting of her two daughters by her first ex-husband, Russell Simmons, and a son with her recent ex-husband and Amistad star Djimon Hounsou.
“I do things for the sake of my children. My kids are very happy, and if you ask them, they don’t have one dad that loves them, they have two.”
Kimora: House of Fab premiered January24 at 9/8C on the Style Network.
- Diva Supermodel Naomi Campbell covers Elle Magazine February 2013 (kolorblindmag.com)
- Date Night? Fashion Advice? Jordin Sparks Models 4 Fashion Looks…(kolorblindmag.com)
- Kimora Lee Simmons: I laid the ‘fashion blueprint’ for Beyoncé, Jessica Simpson and Sean John (thegrio.com)
- Kimora Lee Simmons Lays Down the (Fashion) Law in ‘House of Fab’ (stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com)
- Kimora Lee Simmons Is Headed Back To TV! (Get The Deets On ‘House Of Fab’) (styleblazer.com)
- Must-See: Watch a Sneak Peek of Kimora Lee Simmons’s New Reality Show ‘House of Fab’ (essence.com)