“First of all, we want to wish everyone a very happy New Year! Can you believe 2012 is over already? So much happened for both of us this year, but it really feels like it flew by. And now there’s even a new little snuggle bug in the world who wasn’t here before – Aden!”
“A new year means a fresh start, so we decided to jot down a couple of our New Year’s resolutions and share with you. That way, at the end of 2013, we can look back and hopefully feel proud of all the positive changes we’ve made in our lives. It’s always better to write stuff like this down – we think it makes things more meaningful, not to mention holds us more accountable!” – Tia and Tamera Mowry
What is a New Year’s resolution?
A New Year’s resolution is a commitment that a person makes to one or more personal goals, projects, or the reforming of a habit. A key element to a New Year’s resolution that sets it apart from other resolutions is that it is made in anticipation of the New Year and new beginnings.
People committing themselves to a New Year’s resolution generally plan to do so for the whole following year. This lifestyle change is generally interpreted as advantageous.
Tia Mowry‘s Resolutions…
- I want to continue on the health path that I committed to 3 years ago. However, I want to go deeper and learn even more things about health and nutrition. Maybe even take a few cooking lessons and learn how to make nutritious but healthy alternative dishes, such as a gluten free mac ‘n cheese dish or flourless pumpkin pie…yum! (Which I will share on this site once I do, obviously!)
- I asked for a Vitamix Pro this Christmas and want to use it to make a vegetable juice every day! I hear this is amazing for digestion and great for energy. As a mom, energy is a must and I don’t want to turn to coffee everyday!
- I want to get a garden going in my backyard with fresh produce and herbs
- Get yoga in everyday, even it is just 15 to 20 minute meditations – it still makes a difference!
- This year, I never want to take anything for granted and focus more on the blessings I do have rather than the things I do not have.
- I want to try not to be so hard on myself and to enjoy the imperfections of life…including those in myself!
- Worry less (…yeah right, I’m a new mom!)
- Lose the baby weight by making healthier eating choices – but still allowing myself to cheat sometimes
- Enjoy my journey as wife, actress, business woman and new mom!
What are your New Year’s resolutions?
- Multiracial Parenting: A Letter To My Son Aden… (kolorblindmag.com)
- Multiracial Celebrities When They Were Babies… (kolorblindmag.com)
- Celebrity Photos: Interracial/Interethnic Couples (kolorblindmag.com)
- Tia Mowry Offers Motherhood Advice to Sister Tamera (atlantablackstar.com)
- Tia Mowry: Happy for Tamera (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Tia and Tamera Mowry Launch New Website – and Talk Motherhood! (celebritybabies.people.com)
- Did You Know These Stars Had Twins? (huffingtonpost.com)