She was sharing the stage with a few of her fellow X Factor alumni and she undoubtedly has one of the better voices. However when it comes to the fashion department, Leona Lewis didn’t get it quite right on Saturday evening.
The singer opted to wear an unconventional and unflattering large robe over her outfit as she took to the stage as the part of the Free Radio Live concert in Birmingham.
Beneath the bizarre top the 27-year-old wore a pair of high-waisted black trousers with a black crop top with tasseled detailing, giving a glimpse of her toned stomach.
Teamed with a large statement necklace, Leona looked chic and stylish. However she opted to wear a cream silk robe on top of this, which was was both long and baggy, swamping her small frame.
The kimono style top wouldn’t have looked out of place on a gospel singer, but it didn’t look quite right on stage at a pop concert. Leona seemed to have fun with the billowing number though and was seen wrapping herself in it and letting it fly up behind her as she performed.
She completed her look by wearing her long hair swept back into a high sleek pony tail and the demure star kept her make-up to a minimum. The X Factor winner shared the stage with a number of other X Factor alumni.
Covered up: Leona Lewis opted to wear a large sheet-like top over her trousers and crop top as she performed on SaturdayPerforming: Leona took to the stage as part of the Free Radio Live concernt in BirminghamConfused looked: The robe-like item worn by Leona wouldn’t have looked out of place on a gospel singerHaving a ball: Even if it wasn’t the most flattering item of clothing, the singer looked like she had fun wearing itMultiracial Girl band: Stooshe took to a festive looking stage to perform their hits for the eager crowdPractical: Stooshe opted to wear flat shoes on stage so they could really give it their allAmong the multiracial entertainers that graced the event, were group JLS, who kept it casual for the event and Aston opted to keep warm with a large cream beanie hat that matched his trousers. Little Mix, who are still without Perrie, put on their usual high energy performance, sticking to their favorite mid-drift and stocking style.
Demure Leona recently attacked her compatriots for allowing themselves to be ‘sexually objectified’.
She said it was ‘fine to embrace your femininity and your sexiness but with some girl performers it verges on porn and that’s when I think: “What are you doing? That’s gross. Have some self-respect.”
And she claimed that the reality show that made her name was one of the few exceptions, adding: ‘The X Factor is about voice and personality. But outside that, in this industry, for female artists it’s about looks.’
Keeping it casual: The boys from multiracial group JLS opted for comfort over anything else for their performanceGetting into it: Aston from JLS took off his beanie hat while he performed with the read to his bandJust the three of us: Little Mix performed once again without having Perrie with them, who is currently unwellSame old: Little Mix once again wore the clothes combination they are now know for – stockings and crop tops
- Xmas 2012: KIIS FM Jingle Ball (kolorblindmag.com)
- A Heartfelt Interview With Singer Leona Lewis (kolorblindmag.com)
- Multiracial Entertainers: The Male Edition 1 (kolorblindmag.com)
- Multiracial Entertainers: The Male Edition 2 (kolorblindmag.com)
- Multiracial Entertainers: The Female Edition 1 (kolorblindmag.com)
- Multiracial Entertainers: The Female Edition 2 (kolorblindmag.com)
- Multiracial Parenting Advice: My 14 Year-Old Daughter Has A Boyfriend. I’m Not Comfortable With It! (kolorblindmag.com)
- Multiracial Parenting Advice: How Do I Teach My Daughter About Race? (kolorblindmag.com)
- Multiracial Parenting Advice: My Daughter Says She’s Black. What About Me, Don’t I Count In Her Ancestry? (kolorblindmag.com)
- Leona Lewis: ‘Lovebird’ Video Premiere – Watch Now! (justjared.com)