What is Gabrielle’s Angel?
In 1996, Grammy-nominated songwriter and philanthropist, Denise Rich, lived every parent’s worst fear as one of her three daughters, a beautiful 27-year-old actress and Hodgkin’s lymphoma survivor named Gabrielle, succumbed to acute myelogenous leukemia (AML). Gabrielle lost her battle, but her dream lives on in the work of the organization created in her memory, Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation for Cancer Research.
It was Gabrielle’s idea to create a Foundation that would fund the best and brightest scientific investigators in the nation with the hope that less toxic treatments, and ultimately a cure, might be discovered. Her mother and sisters, Daniella and Ilona, believed the best way to honor Gabrielle’s memory was to turn their extraordinary grief into a positive force for others.
Gabrielle’s Angel Mission
The Foundation funds innovative clinical or basic science research that will lead to novel therapeutic approaches that could replace, or be used in combination with existing effective therapies. Such therapeutic approaches could include alternative or complementary medicine.
Foundation Research & Support
The Foundation also supports limited scientific interchange between select leaders in different areas of bio and integrative medical research, to develop unique and important collaborative efforts that will lead to improvements in the treatment and care of patients with leukemia and lymphoma.
The signature fundraising event of Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation, the Angel Ball stands out as one of the highlights of the New York social season. This star-studded event, known for its amazing live entertainment and celebrity participants, honors individuals who have made significant humanitarian and philanthropic contributions in support of cancer research. The Angel Ball boasts attendees in the fields of business, philanthropy, and society alike at this annual celebration of life, music and the quest for a cure.
Attendees at Angel Ball 2012
This year’s Angel Ball returns to Cipriani Wall Street on Monday, October 22nd, 2012!
Gabrielle’s Angel Founder Denise RichDavid ArquetteDavid PatersonJason Binn, George Hamilton and Barbara SturmSir Ivan and Mina OtsukaSinger EstelleIvana Trump mother of Ivanka TrumpJessica StamKanye WestKanye West and Kim KardashianLester Smith and Sue SmithLucia Hwong GordonKanye West and Kim KardashianNatasha Poly and Eva CavalliNicole TrunfioRussell Simmons and guestSmokey Robinson and Frances RobinsonSolange KnowlesTina KnowlesStar JonesWendy WilliamsDJ Cassidy
- Tyra Banks presents Flawsome Ball (kolorblindmag.com)
- #endcancer Inaugural Millennial Ball to Benefit Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation for Cancer Research (binsidetv.net)
- kim kardashian boobs charity angel ball (thesun.co.uk)
- Bar Refaeli & Gerard Butler: Angel Ball 2012! (justjared.com)
- 2011 Angel Ball Kim Kardashian, Lala Vasquez, Naomi Campbell, Solange, Estelle, Photos (binsidetv.net)
- Audi A4 Tour Benefits The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (motortrend.com)
- Celebrities Raise Awareness of Leukemia (everydayhealth.com)
- 2012 Millennial Ball to Benefit Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation for Cancer Research Shenae Grimes,peter Brandt Jr., Nick Hissom, Eric West (binsidetv.net)