It may have been one of the most star-studded events in the music industry calendar, but the multiracial representation at the awards stole the spotlight at the Q Awards which took place on October 22, 2012 at London’s Grosvenor House Hotel.
The Q Awards were launched in 1990, and tend to focus on rewarding consistent or “lifetime” achievement with classic album, inspiration and icon awards, among others.
The full list of Q Awards 2012 winners is as follows:
Best New Act – Django Django
Best Track – Plan B – ‘ill Manors’
Best Album – Bobby Womack – The Bravest Man in the Universe
Best Live Act – Blur
Best Video – Keane – ‘Disconnected’
Best solo artist presented by citroën – Emeli Sandé
Best Act In The World Today – Muse
Q Classic Song – Dionne Warwick ‘Walk On By’
Q Spirit of Independence – The Cribs
Q Innovation In Sound – Underworld
Q Inspiration Award- Pulp
Q Icon Award – Dexys
Q Classic Album – Manic Street Preachers – ‘Generation Terrorists’
Q Hero – Johnny Marr
Q Idol – Brandon Flowers
Multiracial Artist at the 2012 Q Awards
Emeli Sandé who is of Scottish and Zambian ancestry
Emeli Sandé holding her award
Group Stooshe = Alexander Buggs who is of British and Ghanian ancestry. Karis Anderson who is of Italian and Jamaican ancestry.
Group Rizzle Kicks = Jordan “Rizzle” Stephens who is of black/white ancestry. Harley “Sylvester” Alexander-Sule who is of black/white. The exact country of their parents are not documented but they are biracial!
- Multiracial Entertainers: The Female Edition 1 (kolorblindmag.com)
- 30 Hottest Multiracial Mommas 2012 (kolorblindmag.com)
- On the Scene: The Q Awards at the Grosvenor House Hotel (fashionbombdaily.com)
- VIDEO: Original Sugababes talk new music (bbc.co.uk)
- Sugababes – Mutya Keisha Siobhan To Sing Sugababes Songs (contactmusic.com)
- Leggy Liz Hurley braves the London chill in a daring dress slashed to the thigh (beauty1988.typepad.com)
- Lianne La Havas LIVE (elleuk.com)
- Five facts about Stooshe (elleuk.com)
- Front of the Q Awards: Emeli beats Adele to scoop best British solo artist (standard.co.uk)
- Q Awards 2012: Emeli Sandé wins Best Solo Artist (telegraph.co.uk)