Gooey, rich, and deeply sweet, caramel lends its smooth flavor to cakes, tarts, and candies. Check out these 12 Caramel Recipes below.
The recipe for this butter cake draped in caramel fudge icing is based on a cake originally made by Louise Hodges, a home cook from Carmack, Mississippi. This recipe first appeared in our March 2012 issue, with Ben Mims’ story Sweet Southern Dreams. Click here for the recipe.
Croquembouche (Caramel-Glazed Cream Puffs)
“The fine arts are five in number,” wrote the chef Marie-Antoine Carême, “painting, sculpture, poetry, music, and architecture—whereof the principle branch is confectionery.” He knew what he was talking about.
Caramel Apple Strata
Served warm and topped with vanilla sauce, this twist on bread pudding makes an indulgent breakfast treat. Click here for the recipe.
Caramel Crumb Bars
Baked Apples with Caramel Sauce
Chocolate Caramel Tart
Caramel Pound Cake
Although this cake is denser than its classic cousin, the addition of brown sugar to the batter and icing lends it a delicious butterscotch flavor. The pound cake commandments still apply, however; follow them closely for the best results. Click here for the recipe.
Let the cake sit for two hours or so after icing it so that the frosting firms. Click here for the recipe.
- Caramel Apple Cake (spoonful.com)
- Apple Beignets with Caramel Sauce | Babble (babble.com)
- Caramel Apple Monsters (spoonful.com)
- salted caramel chocolate chip ice cream (cindyhkim.wordpress.com)
- Applesauce Cake w/Caramel Glaze (purecomplex.com)
- Caramel Cupcakes | Cakes and Baking | Best Recipes | Babble (babble.com)
- Homemade candies (laurieanichols.wordpress.com)
- Wedding Cake Madness (piewithsparkles.com)
- Caramel Layer Cake……… (goodgriefgirdie.typepad.com)
- salt + caramel + cup + cake = delicious (honeybeecreates.com)