Hey there, my name is Sujatha and I’m an American-born Indian. Even though my parents tried their best to raise us the traditional Indian way, my siblings and I are very American. I’ve been attracted to men of different races for a while, but have been too shy to admit it. Long story short, I ride the train to work daily and there’s a man who rides the same train. We’ve made eye contact a lot but we’ve never talked.
Should I ask him out? What’s the best way to get him to speak to me? I’m very positive he likes me because he sometimes smiles at me. Or is this a case of me fantasizing and misconstruing his signals? Either way I need your help as I’ve never dated outside my race before.
P.S. I love your website.
Thanks for liking the site! Do I foresee an interracial relationship about to happen? If you guys have never talked before, there could be two reasons:
- He sees you as a fellow commuter and doesn’t want to overstep his bounds
- He might not know you’re single and most importantly that you are open to dating interracially
Here’s what I want you to do. I want you to go up to him and just say something like:
“Hey, I notice we take the same train in the mornings. Where do you work? Do you have coffee breaks, maybe we can grab coffee together some time.” [even though I didn’t leave space for a response it is to be assumed he’ll respond first before you continue with the conversation]
If he’s remotely interested, he’ll take you up on your offer for coffee. Grabbing coffee is not a ‘date’ so he won’t read any meaning into it. This is one way to get the both of you talking. I DO NOT want you asking him out however. Do you understand?!
P.S. Sujatha used the Contact Us form. You can too should you need interracial relationship advice.
- Interracial Relationship Advice: I think my boyfriend’s parents hate me (kolorblindmag.com)
- Interracial Relationship Advice: He’s a handsome white man but doesn’t make enough money! (kolorblindmag.com)
- Interracial Relationship Advice: What do you suggest for a 1st date? (kolorblindmag.com)
- Interracial Relationship Advice: Do I have to ask for her parents permission? (kolorblindmag.com)
- Top Interracial Websites (kolorblindmag.com)
- Interracial Couples More Common in Red States (usdailyreview.com)