In it’s 5th Anniversary, the Source Festival created by Cultural DC, continued its basis of showcasing the creativity of both promising and well-established artists through three weeks of performances that were held from June 8 – July 1, 2012.
The Festival is reputed for bringing in new work focusing itself around interdisciplinary and contemporary ideas. All the performances took place in the Source Theatre at 1835 14th Street, NW where the first Source Festival originally began in 2008 after Cultural DC refurbished the space in 2006.
The Source focuses on allowing artists to be innovative and experiment in the forefront in their field, which is the same creativity the Source Festival brings in the performances they showcase.
The Source, Washington, DC
To celebrate the 5th Anniversary of The Source celebrity chef Wolgang Puck teamed up with top D.C. chefs like chef Kaz Okochi of Kaz Sushi Bistro to offer a 7-course dinner.
Chef Wolfgang Puck and chef Kaz Okochi’s offering at the Source Anniversary:
Duck bao buns, definitely a signature at The Source, via DMV Dining.
Maine Lobster Club at The Source, via DMV Dining
Chow Feung at The Source, via DMV Dining
Chive Dumpling at The Source, via DMV Dining
Turtle cheesecake with roasted pecans and caramel sauce, from The Source’s new pastry chef, Duane Copeland
Cocktails at The Source!
Yuzu-lime tart with caramel, dehydrated lime curd, crystallized ginger, Marcona almonds and raspberries, from The Source’s new pastry chef, Duane Copeland.
15-layer carrot cake from The Source’s new pastry chef, Duane Copeland
- TV Tidbits: A Major Death Coming to ‘Sons of Anarchy’, Wolfgang Puck Joins ‘Top Chef’ (hollywood.com)
- Best Chefs On Google+ (techwench.com)
- Top Chef promises “back to the basics” for Seattle season, which Wolfgang Puck will judge (realityblurred.com)
- Wolfgang Puck: He stirs the world (variety.com)
- Desserts in 3D? The Oscars Launch Sweets to a New Dimension (berries.com)
- Best chefs of LA taking the city to new culinary heights (abclocal.go.com)
- A Run Down Of Food & Wine Festival Events This Weekend (smmirror.com)
Image Credit: Wolfgang Puck