My name’s Michael and my white girlfriend and I have been dating for two years. I can’t imagine life without her and want to marry her. Besides proposing to her, do I have to ask her parents for permission?
What am I expected to do? I’ve never done this before and I really want her parents to be on-board. Thanks
I’m no expert on marriage proposals, but you should meet with her parents (her dad especially) and let them know of your intentions. I can’t imagine any parent who wouldn’t be happy to hear their daughter’s getting married, considering how our society isn’t too fond of marriage lately.
P.S. Michael used the Contact Us form and asked that her name remain anonymous. You can too if you need advice.
- Interracial Relationship Advice: My girlfriend’s parents keep referring to ‘black people’ as ‘you guys’… (kolorblindmag.com)
- How Do I Tell My Parents I’m In An Interracial Relationship? (howaboutwe.com)
- Hand In Marriage (huffingtonpost.com
- Interracial Relationship Advice: Can you give me ideas for an African Interracial wedding? (kolorblindmag.com)
- Interracial Relationship Advice: What do you suggest for a 1st date? (kolorblindmag.com)
- Interracial Marriage (highlyfavored74.wordpress.com)
- Does this friend-with-benefits want moar? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Living Interracial in Louisiana (imnotthenanny.com)
- Celebrity Album: Interracial/Interethnic Couples (kolorblindmag.com)
- A Closer Look at Interracial Marriage Statistics (nortonbooks.typepad.com)
- Why I proposed marriage in public (cnn.com)