Dear fellow Blogger/Magazine Publisher,
KolorBlind Magazine is a new blog/online magazine devoted to the equality & acceptance of all races/ethnicities; the promotion of the Interracial (KolorBlind) life through culture, fashion, language and food. As part of our mission, we highlight celebrities who are in relationships of an interracial/interethnic relationship; showcase different cultures through food, fashion and language; discuss and provide guidance on multiracial parenting and provide advice to people who interested in entering an interracial relationship but don’t know how to go about it.
Yesterday (September 19, 2012) as I was linking one of my articles (see below) to related content on the internet, I came across the following links:
When I clicked on both links, I realized Bossip.com had plagiarized an List Article I published on August 6, 2012 without crediting the source (kolorblindmag.com):
I am truly upset at their attempt to pass off a list article I published as one of their own. What are the odds that a website dedicated to posts/articles such as Peep The Newest Fake Booty Rapper: Wankaego Cake Shoots And Freestyles [Video], would publish a list identical to mine?
The writer of Bossip.com’s version of my list article lacked originality:
- They used the concept of “Ebony& Ivory” – a song written and composed by Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder that I referenced and linked to in my article.
- As if that was not enough plagiarism, they showcased the same celebrities that were showcased in my list article. There are thousands, if not millions, of celebrities in an interracial/interethnic relationship, why didn’t Bossip.com research to find out who those were? Why did they resort to using the same celebrities?
- Bossip.com is a well established blog and KolorBlindmag.com is a new and emerging blog so when a reader conducts a search on content related to celebrities whose relationship has not wavered in an interracial relationship, their “plagiarized” content will display ahead of mine in search results. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!
I have reached out to Bossip.com and they are yet to respond back to the allegations, however, I would like the public to be aware of the situation.
I too reference data from other sources however, I do not publish them in an attempt to claim them. I publish them with either a link back to the original content or a simple “credit by”, “courtesy of”, etc.
Thanks for reading,
- Interracial Relationship Advice: What do you suggest for a 1st date? (kolorblindmag.com)
- Interracial Relationship Advice: My girlfriend’s parents keep referring to ‘black people’ as ‘you guys’… (kolorblindmag.com)
- How Do I Tell My Parents I’m In An Interracial Relationship? (howaboutwe.com)
- Celebrity Album: Interracial/Interethnic Couples (kolorblindmag.com)
- KolorBlind Spotlight: Robert De Niro … acting, producing & directing his KolorBlind life! (kolorblindmag.com)
- Where Are Politics’ Interracial Couples? (theroot.com)