I read your last couple of relationship advice columns and I like what I’ve seen so far. I’m a white male and am new to interracial dating. I finally summoned up courage to ask a beautiful Afro Latino woman out. It took me five months, mind you. I want to make sure I make a good first impression. So where do you suggest I take her? What should I do to keep her attention? I would like to see her again after the 1st date. Thanks Mark.
Yippee you found love in a hopeless place (Rihanna). I’m glad you finally asked your friend out. A lot of things can happen in five months…don’t wait that long next time. I suggest you ask her what she likes to do, unless she tells you to plan the date. I’ll give you two options and hope it works out well for you:
Option 1: A nice casual lunch at a nice restaurant. After lunch you can take walk in the park and just talk or go watch a movie.
Option 2: Take her to an art museum and depending on what time of day it is you can end your date with lunch or dinner.
Most importantly be yourself, relax and make sure both of you have fun. That’s the key to getting another date.
Good Luck and welcome to the KolorBlind family!
P.S. Mark used the Contact Us form. You can too if you need advice.
- Interracial Relationship Advice: What do you suggest for a 1st date? (kolorblindmag.com)
- Interracial Relationship Advice: My girlfriend’s parents keep referring to ‘black people’ as ‘you guys’… (kolorblindmag.com)
- Interracial Relationship Advice: Can you give me ideas for an African Interracial wedding? (kolorblindmag.com)
- How Do I Tell My Parents I’m In An Interracial Relationship? (howaboutwe.com)
- Can Interracial Couples Be Defined as Simply “Couples”? (interesting12.wordpress.com)
- Why Don’t We Hear About Interracial Dating Much in GQ or Vogue, and Other Non-African-American Media? (alternet.org)